Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Step 6. Put Twitter widget in Canvas File.


Step 5 Step 6. Put Twitter widget in Canvas File Step 7


STEP SIX. You will now copy the Twitter widget code from the previous step and paste it into a Canvas file.

Here's how to do that step by step.

1. Create an HTML file. To do this, you can use a plain text editor like NotePad in Windows, TextEdit for Mac, or you can use a browser-based option like EditPad.org. Go to the browser tab where you have your Twitter widget, and click the "copy code" button, and then paste into your plain text editor. Then save the file on your computer with .html as the file suffix (not .txt). Use a file name that will help you remember the widget you have created; I'm making a widget for World Literature Today, so I'm calling my file WorldLitToday800.html (the 800 is to remind me of the height I chose).


2. Upload HTML file to Canvas. In a new browser tab, go to Canvas, and open up the new course space you created. Then, click on Files to open the Files space. Then, upload the file you just created.


After uploading the file, you will see it listed:



3. Preview File. Click on the file name to open it in Preview mode. You should see the Twitter stream appear! Look in the web address bar in your browser, and you should see something like this:

https://___/courses/______/files?preview=____

Those blanks should display your Canvas domain, your course number and then the file number. That is the information you need for the next step.

For example, my file address looks like this:
https://canvas.ou.edu/courses/56095/files?preview=3857162

And that means my Canvas domain is canvas.ou.edu, my course number is 56095 and my files number is 3857162. I am ready to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment